In the first part of this ultimate guide to Men’s Fashion, I discussed the basics and fundamentals on how to look good and how to not look good. We discussed the crimes committed on fashion by people and other Men’s Fashion guides, such as wearing unfit clothes or wearing bland clothes from Walmart. We also discussed how to make an outfit great.
On this article, we will continue on what I have written and discuss the specific Men’s Fashion tips that look good and that I recommend. This article includes affiliate links, so if you click on a link and buy a product I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. On this article, we will discuss T-shirts so stay tuned.
I don’t recommend products for the sake of making money. I want to build this blog into something bigger and loved. Customers come before money. I would rather gain no money and have a loyal reader rather than make 20$ and lose that reader.
I have tried the products recommended below at least once or have seen them look good on somebody else. I only recommend products that are worthy.
Anyways, let’s get back to the topic at hand and discuss the specific style tips I have planned for you guys:
The focus here is on accenting your T-shirt style in attractive ways, and even if specific recommendations seem not to apply, there is more than one way to make an outfit look better, so listen to your own gut feeling too. Don’t follow blindly as I can’t help you with each single problem.
To make this guide as thorough as possible, I have divided the T-shirts I recommend to apply to each economic background. I don’t want to promote only high quality products (which are generally more expensive) and leave the guy who can’t afford it lonely. That is how Men’s Fashion and Style guides should be.
Each T-shirt type will have 2-3 recommendations for each economic background guy, so I’m highly confident that you will find a product that you can afford and like here. If you don’t, take the recommendations as a guide and by something less expensive or one that you like more.
Important: I recommend you buy higher quality or quality products if you can afford them without taking a hit (Only if you are well off. I don't want anyone going through a bad economic time because they bought clothes). I have tried most of these and have had them for a long time. So you can take my word on it.
The T-shirt is the building block for your outfit. Every great outfit needs a T-shirt. You can’t wear a jacket or a coat without a T-shirt underneath it. So before we get to the other types of clothing, we will start with the basic one.
· Have 1-5 basic colored (choose from white, navy, black…) slim-fit and either crew neck or slight V-neck
· Don’t wear deep V-necks.
· No more Gothic or ed-hardy shirts; they have lost their niche.
· Too much design or writing generally looks bad; so avoid it.
· No Hollister or A & F
· If you are going to buy online, make sure you know your size.
· Don’t buy anything that I recommend if you didn’t find the size you were looking for. How it fits is what makes your T-shirt look good on you. So try to find another one on that website or somewhere else
· Never wear yellow T-shirts unless you believe it looks good on you.
· Graphic T-shirts are generally good and attract people, so check those out too.
– The quality of T-shirts matter a lot if you want to use them constantly for a long period of time. I don’t recommend you buy T-shirts that cost less than 15$ unless you are broke, then I recommend it. 🙂
I once bought a t-shirt from H&M, and after washing it five or so times, the size diminished and the cotton started popping out. I bought it for 14.95$.
When you consider that you have to buy this T-shirt again and again, it is actually expensive. So buy T-shirts that cost in the 20-50$ range if you can; you will save money indirectly. I still wear a T-shirt that I bought for 27.99$ and it has been over two years.
The most annoying thing is when a T-shirt shrinks size when washing it, so be careful of the quality of the product you buy. Don’t buy T-shirts for 4.99 and expect them to last long.
– Generally buy slim-fit T-shirts, otherwise the T-shirt would fit like a rectangular box not in the shape of your body.
I have enticed you guys enough, let’s get straight to the T-shirt recommendations. Again, I don’t recommend without trying them out. I will start first for the Wealthy and then the Average and at last for the Broke. Everything is covered.
For me, it can’t get better than this. Naked and Famous makes the best t-shirts I have ever worn. I currently have a white one too, which I got for sale at 19.99$.
Another high quality T-shirt; This t-shirt is v-neck. I currently own this too and the quality of the product is high, although not better than the Naked and Famous one.
Review: Another high quality T-shirt, this time for Polo Ralph Lauren. I love the color variety available for this brand.
Click on the link or on the picture to be directed to the store.
Review: Oh, these are my go to babies when I want to dress casual yet a little business. I love the fit, the design and the color above.
Review: Although I don’t own these, I know someone who owns them and they look amazing on him. The color contrast looks awesome. The following pros and cons were not created by me; I told him to list the pros and cons.
Reviews: I currently own these Lacoste Silm fit Polo’s and they are sleek. The quality is astounding.
Review: These Polo’s are amazing for their price. They are a little too light and feel extremely soft which I don’t like but you might like. For their price, they are a steal. Note: They do stretch when you wash them again and again.
That was a lot, here is where the T-shirt recommendations for the wealthy or rich guy ends. Next up is recommendations for the average economic background guy. If you have questions on the above products or want to know more, comment and I will respond quickly.
(These are quality products. They are not high quality. You can expect to use them for 3-5 months without fading) Basic T-shirts (Click on image or green link to go to shop)
Review: Yes, you read that right, 3 Polo Ralph Lauren Basic Shirts for 30.89$ That is an average of 10$ per Polo shirts. I bought a pack a year ago and only one of them ripped.
Review: I don’t own these, but again, I have someone else review them for me and I also reviewed them online.
Review: I love this t-shirt, for its price, the quality is amazing. I have the gray one and I wear it when it is summer, because it is extremely soft.
Review: I don’t currently own these, but I had them for a long time without losing their quality. I recommend these for everyone.
Review: I don’t own these currently but I had them a year ago. I love the fact that they look a lot less preppy than the other ones. Since I am black and love white girls, it is good to look preppy for me. 🙂
Next up is recommendations for the poor economic background guy. It is also for the cheap or frugal guy if you are that kind of person. I recommend you invest in yourself more if you have the money.
(These are not quality products. They are average quality. You can expect to use them for 1-3 months without losing their vigor.)
Recommendations: Instead of buying clothes that are dirt cheap, I recommend you find clothes that are on a high discount. I will link some here and update whenever I can.
Review: I own the black one and I must say compared to other retail store clothes, they fit nicely. But unfortunately it has some big cons.
Review: These are amazing for their price. I wore them last summer a lot, currently, they have faded so I just use them for gym and home.
Review: I don’t own these; these were also recommendations from another person that I saw looked good on.
I don’t own these currently, but I had them. I don’t remember how I lost them. LOL.
Review: I also don’t own these, these were recommendations from another guy who has three different colors of this Polo
Before I finish my specific recommendations of T-shirts, you need to understand some basic economic and price fundamentals, otherwise you will either spend too much on unnecessary stuff or spend too little and get stuck with below average quality products.
1) Generally, the less money you spend the lower the quality of the product is. That is why I don’t recommend you buy clothes from bland stores like Walmart, because they are cheap, which equals bad quality.
2) After a certain threshold, the difference in quality of the products are not that visible.
For example, if you ever buy 180$ G-Star Jeans (on the left) and you see D&B jeans (on the right) which cost, 250$, there won’t be much difference except for the brand or some unnecessary addition. So buy the cheaper one.
3) The above point does not apply to clothes under 100$. Generally clothes under 50$ lack in quality compared to the ones in the 60-100$ range. I generally buy clothes in this range except for Tees which I don’t buy over 45$.
My recommendation, if you can, buy clothes in the 50-100$ range, as they are quality and don’t bust your wallet and last long.
4) Clothes in the 80-150$ range are the best in quality and price. These clothes last a long time without fading and are really comfortable. Right now, I don’t have the money to constantly buy clothes in this range. But if I or you had more money, this is my ultimate recommendation.
Don’t buy clothes in this range because I said this. Only buy these types of clothes if you can afford it without suffering.
5) Clothes above this range >150$ are generally for the richer guys. I have a jean that I bought for 175$ (G-Star, you can check it out by clicking on the left image above) and it has been two years and it still looks brand new. I don’t recommend this unless you see something you really really like.
6) Whenever you buy clothes or any type of product online, make sure you read comments and understand whether it is worth it to buy the cloth.
For example, the size of the T-shirt may not be accurately depicted so by reading the comments, you can buy a size larger or smaller and make it fit you. Don’t just buy after you see the product; gain some knowledge on the product.
7) Some clothes may not allow amazon prime or other prime shipping ways, so to avoid shipping rates buy clothes in bulk. This action could save you over 10$.
8) Research the brand on google if you really want to know how the product is viewed and respected by the general public. I do this when I buy clothes that are somewhat expensive (above 60$)
9) Never buy a product that isn’t going to fit you; I don’t care how much you are in love with it, as long as it doesn’t fit you, it will look awful. Trust me.
You don’t have to follow the above guideline, but it is helpful for people who are in a restrictive economic condition.
I hope you have enjoyed this T-shirt Series; It took over a week of work to write this post perfectly and give each one of the clothes my review and other people’s reviews. I hope you liked it; if you have any questions, feel free to comment and I will answer shortly.
Next up is Dress-shirts (both casual and business). My favorite outfit always contains a dress shirt in it so be sure to check it out as I have many recommendations. I will release it this week. If you don’t want to miss it, subscribe and you will be notified when I publish it.
“Your physical appearance is a culmination of how much investment you put in yourself, whether monetarily or non-monetarily”
Yohan Michael is the owner and writer of Edgy-Attraction, a blog dedicated to Money Management, Social Life, Social Skills, Fashion, Fitness, College and more. Four years ago, Yohan was an insecure teenager who had Zero social skills and zero fashion sense. He was also godly broke. Now, he is the complete opposite: confident, happy and well-off. He is now providing the tips and actions he took to transform his life here on Edgy Attraction
Steal all my knowledge for free